Monday, March 07, 2005

Adventures in Publishing

Time is getting short. I'm working like a dog to get Adventures in Publishing done and published in time for the CIPA College on March 17-20. I doubt I'm going to pull it off at this rate. The interior design is nearly done, but I want to increase the margins just slightly, which will throw off the page-breaks. These are page breaks that I've already designed to by adding or deleting content to make the sections as aesthetic as possible. There's a lot of content and information in this book and I really came away with just how valuable of a service we provide as I was writing it. We're going to offer it free as an e-book to anyone who joins our Outskirts Press community, plus the hardback will be available from Amazon.com for an unheard of price of $5.95. Who says on-demand books have to be expensive? This book will even feature a "Case Study" in the back the details exactly what options and pricing model was used. Anybody publishing with Outskirts Press can duplicate the same distribution and pricing structure if the follow the same specs of Adventures in Publishing. It's all outlined in the book.

The back cover is still a work in progress. I want to include samples of all of the cover choices, (25 images), plus some information about how easy it is to publish a book. There may not be room for both. The cover images are small enough already (25 images on a 6 x 9 back --). Plus room for the barcode, price, and Outskirts Press logo.

As if that we're enough, we're wrapping up for the big publication launch promotion, to be coordinated the last week of March. -- Which unfortunately is a week before our Florida trip. But I think the promotional infrastructure is in place to the point where it can run without me.

That plus the OutskirtsPress.net SEO efforts continue.